Tofu Plankton Meatloaf

Saturday, May 07, 2005

The Evil Fauna

I am noticing many more wild animals and wee beasties visiting my back patio in recent weeks: raccoons, possums, squirrels, neighborhood cats, etc.

By the sheer number of little muddy paw prints on the outside pane of my patio window by the time I get home, you’d think there was a whole Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom trying to work its way inside in my absence.

Of course, I suspect this is why my cat has been a bit edgier than normal lately.

I imagine that throughout the day while I’m gone he has to defend the castle by himself against this marauding horde of wild beasties.

More than likely, knowing my cat (who has the same aggressive instincts of a cotton ball), he just hides in fear among the t-shirts in my closet and cowers for dear life from the moans, groans, grunts, and growls emanating from outside the patio window as if an entire army of Evil Dead were trying to get in.

I am going to have to start laying traps just inside the patio gate to catch and prevent all the invading fauna from terrorizing my cat and making him their next meal a la tartar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home