Tofu Plankton Meatloaf

Sunday, June 19, 2005

How Low Can You Go?

It’s official – I’m depressed.

Lately, I feel about as palpable as a downed power line on a lonely country road. I realize it’s silly to feel this way, but it’s as if an entire emotional wormhole has suddenly been opened into my very soul sucking in every negative ion within a hundred thusand square miles. Things just seem darker these days than the Harlem Globetrotters inside a Cheerio’s cereal box.

It’s like life, which under normal circumstances for me is about as thrilling as women’s golf, has been giving me the royal enema treatment; only it’s not being polite or professional in using the streamlined greased up nozzle end. Instead it’s going in dry, and its going in hard and deep.

I feel about as confident as Rocky Dennis at a Malibu beach party. I’m as broke as a three dollar wrist watch, I have a body like a sack of walnuts, and this morning I even woke up with a zit on the side of my nose that would make John Merrick look away in disgust – oh, woe is me!

I know at my age, I shouldn’t let these trivial matters bother me so much, but I can’t help it much either - I can't seem to shake it.

So in order to combat these complex negative emotions, I’m going to employ some radical measures that i haven't utilized since my moody high school days. I plan on spending the weekend locked in my bedroom with a jar of peanut butter and playing all my old Morrissey albums until my eardrums bleed out and I finally work all this negative anxiety out of my system for good.

Hopefully, I won't turn into a sexually ambivalent protagonist in the protest. And even if I do, perhaps it will still be for the better. Even the Moz looks to be alive and well these days as if he's been taking his Vitamin C and spending less time pondering his minute existance in this universe.

I should be so lucky.

3 Comments:

  • I see that I've made your "weirdo" list...I'm flattered.

    By Blogger STP, at 1:22 PM  

  • Thank you all for the kind words. Rest assured I am alright and you can probably look forward to more entires on the subject as I become more motivated to put it all into better perspective.

    BTW...you should now have no problems at all in leaving comments on this blogsite (or on my other blogsite) as an unregistered user. Sorry about that...please feel free to start leaving more regular comments as you feel inclined to do so.

    By Blogger crazytigerrabbitman, at 3:35 PM  

  • Thanks for clearning all of that up. I was really losing sleep over all of that...

    By Blogger STP, at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home