Tofu Plankton Meatloaf

Monday, January 23, 2006

Parental Advisory

"WARNING: This program may contain scenes and material of an explicit nature and may offend some viewers. Viewer discretion is strongly advised"

Does anyone ever actually heed this warning and continue flipping quickly lest their very innocence should be marred, a black mark cast upon their soul, and their eyes burned out of their sockets? I doubt it.

As a matter of fact, assuming that most viewers are similar to myself, they probably tune in on purpose for at least a few extra moments just to see what kind of filth exactly is being peddled and therefore warning me against. I know whenever I'm confronted with this particular television advisory while channel surfing, I'm automatically drawn to it like a shopping cart to a low-level housing complex.

It may as well say "WARNING: Live Sex" instead, for all the deterent it's actually providing me.

Minors probably spend the majority of their time while their parents out of the room, just flipping channel to channel looking for a program - ANY PROGRAM - that shows this advisory warning after returning from the commercial breaks.

Shit - I know I'd probably watch a home gardening program with a naked Bea Arthur if I thought there might be a chance of seeing me some explicit or offensive subject matter!

Given the nature of most Reality Television shows; explicit matter seems pretty fucking inviting, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home