Tofu Plankton Meatloaf

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Weightroom No-No

It’s already been established by this point that I have become a bit of a gym snob. I like my sweaty late night workouts; I like my exercise routines; and I like developing these things I’ve heard people refer to as “muscles”.

Cool.

I’ve even become the kind of person we all hate at the gym. The kind of person who wears all the hip, fashionable workout wear, sports the newest in gym accessories, and knows all the trendy drinks and protein supplements available on the market. A regular Jack Lalanne if you will – only younger and with more pigmentation.

Yep, I’m “that guy”.

That was up until this past weekend, however, when one of my normal gym visits took a rather embarrassing turn for the worse.

There I was, standing in front of all my buff, ripped peers by the water fountain struggling to get the top off my water bottle.

How embarrassing!

Not exactly a good sign when you start your workout by fighting to remove the lid from your water bottle.

Yeah, some tough guy, huh?

So what do you do? Do you ask someone else for help? Do you start tapping the lid with a small dumbbell to loose it, or do you just run the bottle under hot water?

Either way you’re going to look like a colossal pussy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home