Tofu Plankton Meatloaf

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Grasping at Claws to a Groovy Beat

I have been severely lagging in updating this site lately; and for that I apologize.

It’s partly due to the fact that I have been preparing for an upcoming vacation to Nova Scotia (which I’m sure will fill up entire gigabytes worth of ranting by the time I return home 6 days later) these days, and partly due to the fact that it’s been a slow news week.

Of course, I realize Dr. Robert A. Moog died yesterday from an inoperable brain tumor, but that’s hardly anything to build an entire blog post around. Instead, I played some Depeche Mode albums in my bedroom in effigy, and realized how much I hate the sound of synthesizers, and ‘Switched-On Bach’ in particular…so, ‘nuff said on that particular topic. I'm sure Brian Eno is crushed, but I'm not quite so moved.

However, there was one interesting tidbit of freak news I found worthy of being examined on a closer level, and that’s about Hope, the the Chinese tiger that died recently in South Africa. This rare endangered tiger had been brought from a Chinese zoo to South Africa as part of a “rewilding program”, seen by some to be the last chance at saving the species from extinction, to encourage the animals how to hunt for themselves.

Apparently, Hope did not even have the basic survival skills to make rice and noodles. Likewise, I doubt there were any nearby restaurants from which to order vital take-out food. So I don’t feel her chances were very good in the first place. You'd think they'd have taught her at least how to boil water before releasing her out to the open African Plains.

2 Comments:

  • There were actually plenty of fast food chains servicing tigers in Africa. Unfortunately none of the staff there spoke Chinese. Such a shame.

    By Blogger Super Happy Jen, at 12:40 PM  

  • send me a post card, punk.

    By Blogger STP, at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home