Tofu Plankton Meatloaf

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Crikey! (Redux)

Did anyone else witness the spectacle that was the Crocodile Hunter funeral? Man, after the first few minutes I thought that somebody may have inadvertently slipped some LSD into my Grape Nuts. That was some trippy shit!

Whether it was the stuffed crocodiles, the video montages of Steve Irwin whooping it up petting sea turtles; packing a bush truck with surf boards and sleeping bags; some Australian folk singer performing a rousing rendition of ‘True Blue’; or zoo employees spelling out “Crikey!” on the ground with yellow flowers – I haven’t seen anything that surreal since the 2002 Opening Ceremonies for the Winter Olympics.

The thing that really kills me is that this story received more attention on the news than the discovery of three mysterious objects floating in outer space. Figure that out! Aboriginal Bushmen performing an interpretive dance on the ‘Flight of the Kookabura’ receive a 15-minute dedication on Breakfast Television, and yet, three unknown objects orbiting around the earth’s atmosphere – 15 seconds.

WTF?

Now I’ve seen the opening to Independence Day. So to me, three UFO’s and the possible annihilation of our planet by an unknown alien species deserves a little more focus than just cutting to commercial.

Call me crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home