Tofu Plankton Meatloaf

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Weekend Genderbender

Lesson learned this weekend.

NEVER leave a copy of your May 2000 edition of Mojo Magazine lying around on your bedside table when you leave your apartment to a female friend for an evening.

This particular issue of Mojo features an in depth expose of exposed rock stars in all their raunchy backstage nakedness. Like it's any real suprise that this more sultry side to rock n' roll exists. The article triumphantly proclaims: "From 'Shake and Roll' to 'Get It On' rock n' roll has always been a sex thang." It also boasts a full frontal nude photograph of Iggy Pop in all his withered schlongness. I guess this is where the setting gets unsettling. Not exactly the kind of browsing material you really want to unwittingly stumble across when invited to sleep over in a friend’s bed I suppose.

Oops.

Apparently this was found to be “disconcerting” to my female friend and I suppose I can’t blame her. If I were a girl and I were ever to find an 8x12” glossy of a naked man by a man's beside, whether it be Iggy Pop or whoever, I might have serious deliberations about his masculinity too.

However, dear readers, rest assured to you all that I am innocent on all suspected charges. What’s the big deal anyway? So I have a picture of Iggy’s dick within reach of my bed…it’s not like it was lying next to box of Kleenex was it? It's IGGY-fucking-POP! Not some lewid beefy calender model. Iggy is the Godfather of Punk not Pansy. This is the same dude that gave us 'Fun House' and 'The Idiot' - two of the most monumental balls-out rock albums of all time! So he has a penis. Wasn't that a given already? It honestly doesn’t bother me in that Iggy's body is basically one big walking hardened vein anyways…one more exposed before the camera's eye isn’t anything to get excited about.

Of course, if the magazine had featured a cover photo from the inlay of ‘Electric Ladyland’, or 'Blind Faith', or maybe something from a Led Zeppelin hotel room instead, there would have been no instant concern that I’ve been rubbing out kittens to aging punk stars. Oh no, I would have been just another pervert short on the Jergen’s lotion.

1 Comments:

  • I'm more worried about why you have a magazine from May 2000 laying around...

    By Blogger STP, at 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home